Hi everyone,
I’m having a weird issue after the latest Windows 11 cumulative update (KB5034765). My Ethernet adapter just vanished from the system. No internet, no icon in the taskbar, and the device doesn‘t show up in Device Manager at all – not even hidden devices.
What I’ve tried so far:
The motherboard is an ASUS B550-F, onboard Realtek LAN. It worked perfectly before the update. I’ve installed the latest Realtek driver from the ASUS support site (downloaded via another PC), but the installer says it can’t find the hardware.
I haven’t tried a system restore yet because I’d rather not roll back the entire update if possible. Is there a way to manually force Windows to recognize the adapter again or to do a driver rollback even if the device isn’t visible? Or could the update have disabled something in the BIOS/UEFI?
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!
I’m having a weird issue after the latest Windows 11 cumulative update (KB5034765). My Ethernet adapter just vanished from the system. No internet, no icon in the taskbar, and the device doesn‘t show up in Device Manager at all – not even hidden devices.
What I’ve tried so far:
- Restarted the PC (obviously) – no change
- Checked Device Manager – no yellow warnings, just empty network section
- Looked in Windows Update history – the update installed successfully
- Ran the network troubleshooter – says no Ethernet adapter detected
- Tried to force a driver reinstall via “Scan for hardware changes” – nothing
The motherboard is an ASUS B550-F, onboard Realtek LAN. It worked perfectly before the update. I’ve installed the latest Realtek driver from the ASUS support site (downloaded via another PC), but the installer says it can’t find the hardware.
I haven’t tried a system restore yet because I’d rather not roll back the entire update if possible. Is there a way to manually force Windows to recognize the adapter again or to do a driver rollback even if the device isn’t visible? Or could the update have disabled something in the BIOS/UEFI?
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!