Hey everyone,
I’m running Windows 11 Pro (23H2) and I’m logged in with an administrator account. But every time I try to change something in the system settings – like turning off Windows Defender, editing the registry, or even just changing a power plan – I get the UAC prompt asking for permission. It’s getting really annoying.
I understand that UAC is a security feature, but I thought being an admin would mean fewer prompts. Is there a way to reduce these prompts without completely disabling UAC? I don’t want to set it to “never notify” because I know that’s risky.
I’ve checked the slider in “Benutzerkontensteuerung” and it’s currently on the default (second from top). Should I move it one notch down? Or is there another setting I’m missing?
My system: Windows 11 Pro, fully updated, single user (admin account).
I’m not looking for a guide, just want to understand why this happens and if there’s a safe workaround.
Thanks for any insights!
I’m running Windows 11 Pro (23H2) and I’m logged in with an administrator account. But every time I try to change something in the system settings – like turning off Windows Defender, editing the registry, or even just changing a power plan – I get the UAC prompt asking for permission. It’s getting really annoying.
I understand that UAC is a security feature, but I thought being an admin would mean fewer prompts. Is there a way to reduce these prompts without completely disabling UAC? I don’t want to set it to “never notify” because I know that’s risky.
I’ve checked the slider in “Benutzerkontensteuerung” and it’s currently on the default (second from top). Should I move it one notch down? Or is there another setting I’m missing?
My system: Windows 11 Pro, fully updated, single user (admin account).
I’m not looking for a guide, just want to understand why this happens and if there’s a safe workaround.
Thanks for any insights!